Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cheese and pickles at Fairway!

I think I might be pregnant because I'm always craving delicious food like cheese and pickles. Thankfully, Fairway is there for me.

This Wednesday from 10-11 a.m., Fairway's famous cheesemongers, Steve Jenkins and Avanelle Rivera, will be at the Stamford store for a presentation and tasting of cheeses! You'll get to "find out how it's all possible to bring you the most superb selection of over 600 artisinal cheeses of the world." Some people might say that 10 a.m. is too early for cheese; I say it's never too early (or too late) for cheese.

And then, once you've recovered from your cheese-induced nap, head back to Fairway on Friday from 12-3 for an in-store tasting celebrating the Stamford debut of Horman's New York Deli Pickles! The new brand from the famous Horman family features four mouth-watering varieties of jarred pickles: Kosher Dill, Mustard Kosher Dill, Spicy Kosher Dill, and Horseradish Kosher Dill. You'll get to sip on brine shooters, learn how to create a decadent relish tray and even contribute your own pickle recipes to the first-ever online collaborative pickle cookbook!

Oddly enough, they keep rejecting my idea for pickle-flavored coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My ultimate pickle experience was the Pickle Bloody Mary at Bobby Flay's Bar Americain in NYC. It was amazing. Thanks for the post; I'm definitely going to try the Horman's pickles from Fairway.