Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I'm back! And I'm "pigging" out next weekend!

July 13th and 14th are going to be fun days here in Stamford if you're a connoisseur of pork!

First up on Saturday is the Fairway Firefighters Food Face-Off at Fairway Market!  Once again, teams of local firefighters will compete in a BBQ throwdown for bragging rights and a $500 Fairway gift card.  Each team will grill up ribs, burgers, and veggie or chicken skewers. This year's competitors are returning champions Cos Cob, along with Noroton Heights, Westport, and Belltown.  The competition begins at 12:00, and there will be free samples, giveaways, contests, and more!

To whet your appetite, here's my photo-filled post about last year's contest: And the winner of the Fairway Fire Fighters Food Face-Off is...

But wait, there's more!  On the day of the contest, the teams will be given a secret ingredient that they must incorporate into their burgers!

But wait, there's still more!  One of the contest judges will be none other than Yours Truly!  This is your chance to finally meet the mysterious man behind Streets of Stamford.  I can't promise that I won't get barbecue sauce on you, however.

Once you've awoken from your food coma on Sunday morning, head down to Mill River Park for Pork in the Park!  Pork in the Park actually takes place on Saturday and Sunday, but I'm only one man - how much tasty pork do you expect me to eat??  Whichever day you attend (or both!), this festival sounds awesome.  There's a BBQ competition sanctioned by the Kansas City BBQ Society, music, and fun activities for the kids!  It also helps a good cause, as all proceeds from the festival will support the Mayor's Youth Empowerment Program.

Huh - I can't believe I made it through the whole post without one pork-related pun.  I'm such a ham!

No comments: