If your spouse/life partner/concubine says "There's nothing to do in this town," make them go buy a completely unnecessary iPad and then log on to Streets of Stamford to show them this post.
- This weekend, you've got the downtown French Market on Bedford Street, which runs until November.
- There's also the Greek Festival this weekend at the Church of the Annunciation (?) on Newfield Road - make sure you hit the dessert table...yummmmmmm...
- Speaking of farmers' markets, make sure you check out the other one every Wednesday in the former Tower Records parking lot on High Ridge Road.
- And speaking of church fairs, St. Mary's on Elm Street will be holding their feast June 16-20.
- Speaking of churches, Saint Gabriel on Newfield Avenue is having a tag sale on June 26th. There are also tons of local tag and garage sales throughout the summer - check the classifieds - and if you see any original Star Wars toys, let me know!
- Let's not forget about Alive @ Five! This summer's acts include The Gin Blossoms, Soul Asylum, Rusted Root, George Clinton, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and The Beach Boys!
- Speaking of bands, make sure you check out the Bedford Street Promenade every Saturday starting at 4:00. Bedford Street will be closed to cars, and the finalists from the Battle of the Bands competition will go head-to-head for the chance to open Alive @ Five!
- Speaking of music, Pops in the Park returns every Wednesday evening in July.
- If you like laughing (and who doesn't?), everybody's favorite local improv troupe World Class Indifference can help you out at their show on June 17th at Sundance Cafe.
- And last but definitely not least is the Avon's Cult Classic movie series. They have some awesome movies on the schedule, such as Escape from New York, Jaws, Creature from the Black Lagoon (in 3-D!), and Animal House.
These are just the tip of the iceberg; there's also the Stamford Museum and Nature Center, the Observatory and Planetarium, Art in Public Places, and our wonderful city beaches! Enjoy the summer, folks!!