Friday, October 15, 2010

Come n' get some chili!!

If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you know that I love to eat, especially spicy food. Once again, I can combine my love of food, spice and do-goodery at the 3rd Annual Stamford Charity Chili Cook-off!!!

It'll take place on Saturday, October 23rd from 12-3 PM at the Unitarian Universalist Society of Stamford and will benefit the Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County. Seven professional chefs will be pitted against seven amateur cooks to see who makes the best chili in town. Tickets are $10 at the door or $5 with a donation of a bag of food to support the Food Bank.

The best part: I finally have an excuse to my chili pepper hat again.

1 comment:

Joe Gonzalez said...

This is Joe Gonzalez, the event organizer. Hope to see a lot of you at this event!! The $10 / $5 entry has to be billed as a "suggested donation" for event purposes, so I am making that clarification. I hope all attendees will be able to meet the donation! The proceeds will be split between the Food Bank and the Unitarian Universalist Society to help us cover event costs. All food donations go directly to the Food Bank! And please bring that hat!! :)