Thursday, March 24, 2011

You can't spell "team" without "eat"!

I know it's short notice, but come to Fairway tomorrow at 7 pm to help send the Stamford High School Culinary Team to the national championships! (I didn't know they had national culinary championships, but I'd love to be one of the judges.)

Like the Fairway flier says, you can "donate to these proteges, receive a Fairway shopping coupon, sample their wonderful demo foods, and be a part of making their dreams come true!"

So wait, I get to eat food and help people at the same time? Wow - they finally found a way to combine two of my favorite activities! Now if they can somehow get football in there, I'd be all set!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey SOS, whats the deal with BLT and their Gateway site. I'm surprised to see that they are digging the foundation for the new office building without naming a tenant or w/o first leasing the balance of the already constructed Harbor Square buildings. Anyone got any info?

Streets of Stamford said...

I don't know anything you don't know, but with such a convenient site and great visibility from the train and from 95, I'm sure they'll find a tenant or tenants. If I hear anything else, you'll read about it here!

Anonymous said...

reading the meeting minutes of the zoning board, it appears Capelli was denied an extension on its permit for the twin building atlantic centre complex to be built at tressler and atlantic. seems silly to not grant another extension, otherwise, what is the city saying...

Streets of Stamford said...

Yeah, I saw this in the paper. It does seem strange, because it's not as if the city has a bunch of developers clamoring for that exact spot. Maybe they're trying to force Capelli and friends to actually build something?

Anonymous said...

revoking their site plan approval will do the exact opposite. it pushes the site closer to 'the hole' status. a planning/zoning board can do alot of things but it cant solved basic supply/demand issues.