Monday, September 21, 2009

Return of the Stamford Pizza Tour

I had so much fun the first time that I decided to dine with the SPT crew again. Now that they've covered Stamford and crowned the winners, they're branching out to the surrounding area to try other notable pies. Here's their review of Mario Batali's Tarry Lodge in Port Chester.

Please don't believe their assertion that I refer to myself as a "fancy metrosexual." "Metrosexual" is sooo 2007. We beautiful people don't give ourselves labels. We let the rest of the world do that (because they're jealous).

3 comments:

Poems in Search of Pictures said...

Excellent post from your tour buddies. Those guys can write about a slice. If I roll my eyes really far back into my head, does that count as giving you a label?

Scott said...

Thanks StamfordNotes, it's always nice to have someone recognize our singular niche talent.

And for what it's worth, JR doesn't come across as enough of a fancy metrosexual to warrant the label outright, but he does read GQ.

Also acceptable nicknames: "The Great One," "The baddest prison guard in Cobb County, Georgia," and unofficially, "The Shockmaster."

Streets of Stamford said...

StamfordNotes: Come again? I was too busy looking good.

Scott: I was only reading GQ because Soldier of Fortune was sold out.