Monday, September 13, 2010

The City that ROCKS

OK, this is one of the coolest things I've seen/heard since I moved to Stamford.

A few weeks ago, the Advocate ran an article (the link to which I can't find) about how a number of players on the Stamford High School football team were suffering ill effects from not having enough to eat - I'm talking about kids collapsing, sometimes requiring hospitalization. It was really sad; some players have very tough family situations and their parents simply couldn't provide enough food. Head coach Bryan Hocter said he needed $2000 to provide proper nutrition for his players.

And then I read this article. I'll let you read all the details, but I will say that it's AWESOME how the people of this city rose to the occasion for these kids. Heck, I was going to post about this and maybe even organize a fundraiser, but a whole lot of generous people were way ahead of me!

While we're on the subject of fundraisers...I have some big news in store. Stay tuned...

No comments: