Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why does Pitney Bowes hate Stamford?

The postage-meter-maker is whining about traffic in their little kingdom again (as I recounted in one of my early posts on Mr. Stamford's blog, they used the same rationale to prevent Stamford from becoming the home of the now-Bridgeport Sound Tigers hockey team). Why are they so resistant to change? Do they enjoy being surrounded by a post-industrial wasteland? If so, then they should move to Detroit.

Pitney Bowes has been the biggest obstacle to redeveloping the South End for years. I think the city should've called their bluff back then, and they should tell PB to stick it now.

5 comments:

Mustard said...

I say we set up the PB monorail from some new and dreamy parking lot at the train station to their office. If there are no cars south of 95, there can be no traffic.

Streets of Stamford said...

I like it, but they'd find something to complain about with a monorail too. "It's too quiet!"

Kevin McKeever said...

I drove down there the other week and I suppose they are content with their quiet, decrepit drug-dealer lined avenues.

Malerie Yolen-Cohen said...

Hi, Streets -

I look forward to reading more of you!

Stamfordonthecheap.com blogger,
Malerie

Rob said...

They did own and sell some of that land that is now being redeveloped, so if they were completely against developement they would have held onto it.