Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This just in: Fairway is awesome

Let's just say it: Fairway is the coolest thing to come to Stamford since me and my awesome blog.

A bunch of co-workers and I caravanned it over to Fairway for lunch and let me tell you, it did not disappoint. I've been to the store on Long Island, but this bad boy dwarfs the L.I. store both in size and magnificence.

I think this Fairway might have more cheese than other stores have products.

They have an olive-oil tasting bar. If I ever have a finished basement, it's getting an olive oil bar.

For lunch, you can grab paninis, pizza, burgers, sandwiches, sushi, soup, chopped sala, and a number of choices from the hot bar. There's a bakery, a huge cheese counter, a seafood ice-counter-thing and a deli.

I can't wait to go back when it's less crowded and I can really take my time and do some shopping.

PS: I apologize for the lack of pictures. I didn't bring my camera, I wouldn't have had time to take good pictures, and I figured the Advocate would do a better job what with their fancy flash-bulbs and daguerrotypes.

3 comments:

Poems in Search of Pictures said...

Excellent! Can't wait to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I guess for people who want a food shopping "experience" Fairway is exactly right. Me, I want to get in and get out. Love the zillions of olive oils, pickles, cheeses, etc. but the dizzying array of choices of EVERY mundane item gets...well, a bit exhausting. And yeah, do NOT go anytime in the vicinity of lunch hour if you value your time. I went at 10:30 on Friday, thinking it was early enough to avoid midday crowds, but no. Picture hordes of boomer and retiree couples dressed in identical LL Bean car coats, just clogging up the aisles, in no particular hurry to be anywhere, stuffing their craws with free samples. Just having long, slow discussions with each other over whether to buy the raspberry jam WITH seeds or...(sigh).

Amy said...

It's destination grocery shopping at its finest. For those of us who love to wander the cheese aisle and ponder olive oils, it's heaven.